top of page

Group

Public·2 members

I Just Want To Celebrate Rare Earth Expendables 2

How I Just Want To Celebrate by Rare Earth became the anthem of The Expendables 2

If you have watched the action-packed movie The Expendables 2, you might have noticed the catchy song that plays during the credits. It is none other than I Just Want To Celebrate by Rare Earth, a classic funk rock tune from 1971 that perfectly captures the spirit of the film. But how did this song end up in a modern blockbuster? And what is the story behind it?

I Just Want To Celebrate Rare Earth Expendables 2

The origin of I Just Want To Celebrate

I Just Want To Celebrate was the lead single from Rare Earths album One World, released in 1971. The song was written by Dino Fekaris and Nick Zesses, two songwriters who also worked with Motown artists like Diana Ross and The Temptations. The song was inspired by Fekaris personal experience of overcoming a divorce and a career slump. He told Songfacts: I just wanted to celebrate life. I had gotten out of a bad marriage and I had gotten out of a bad contract with Motown. I just wanted to celebrate being alive.

The song was recorded by Rare Earth, a band that was signed to Motowns subsidiary label Rare Earth Records, which was dedicated to rock music. Rare Earth was one of the first white bands to achieve success with Motown, and they were known for their energetic live performances and extended versions of their songs. I Just Want To Celebrate was a hit for them, reaching #7 on the Billboard Hot 100 and #30 on the Best Selling Soul Singles chart It was also the opening song on their live album Rare Earth in Concert, released later that year.

The use of I Just Want To Celebrate in The Expendables 2

The Expendables 2 is a 2012 action film that features an ensemble cast of famous actors like Sylvester Stallone, Jason Statham, Jet Li, Dolph Lundgren, Chuck Norris, Jean-Claude Van Damme, Bruce Willis, and Arnold Schwarzenegger. It is the sequel to the 2010 film The Expendables, which also used a classic rock song for its credits: The Boys Are Back In Town by Thin Lizzy.

The choice of I Just Want To Celebrate for The Expendables 2 was made by Stallone himself, who is also the co-writer and producer of the film. He explained his reasoning in an interview with MTV: Its just a great feeling after all this carnage and death to have this very positive song that makes you feel good. He also said that he wanted to pay tribute to the old-school action movies that he grew up with: Its very retro. Its kind of a tip of the hat to the '80s action films where they always ended on some upbeat song.

The song fits well with the theme and tone of the film, which is about a group of mercenaries who go on a mission to stop a ruthless arms dealer and avenge their fallen comrade. The lyrics of I Just Want To Celebrate reflect the attitude of the characters, who are not afraid of danger and enjoy living in the moment. The chorus goes: I just want to celebrate another day of livin / I just want to celebrate another day of life. The song also adds a touch of humor and irony to the film, as it contrasts with the violence and destruction that precedes it.

The impact and legacy of I Just Want To Celebrate

I Just Want To Celebrate has been included on numerous 1970s compilation albums and has been covered by various artists over the years Some notable examples are Vonda Van Dyke, Kim Boyce, Glenn Hughes, and Metallica The song has also been sampled by several hip hop artists, such as N.W.A., Foxy Brown, Ghostface Killah, Little Brother, and UGK c481cea774

About

Welcome to the group! You can connect with other members, ge...
Group Page: Groups_SingleGroup
bottom of page